Want to know how an accounting professional can help you with taxes, bookkeeping, payroll, and many more. Below is the article provided on the step-by-step guide on how to find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to help you with finances, and improve business processes.
What Is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor?
QuickBooks ProAdvisor is a certification that is provided by intuit for independent accounting professionals who are experts in using QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Proadvisor gives support, professional discounts to accounting professionals from intuit and makes them more important for small business owners.
The QuickBooks certification is a tough process which is a huge badge of honor for those who pass it. So if you are in need of a ProAdvisor, you don’t want just any QuickBooks ProAdvisor. You should find a ProAdvisor with whom you can build a long-lasting relationship. Here are quick steps to find the best ProAdvisor for you.
Way to Find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Follow the steps to find out the right QuickBooks expert;
Step 1: Figure out what type of accountant you will need.
- Make a list and sort out what you want. Make sure to list down what type of experience you are looking for, their specific programs, industries, and personality that fits your industry.
- Figure out if you want to be local or want them to work remotely. There are several benefits of having them as local like you can meet them in person, or they can have local contacts in their network which can help you out in your business, or they could have a better understanding of local compliance issues.
- Look for services that you want such as setting up, training you, consulting you, establishing your workflow, finding loans, and recommending apps.
Step 2: Do a local search
You can easily find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor locally on the QuickBooks website. You just have to enter the zip code and distance from that zip code and click on the search button. A list will open up of QuickBooks ProAdvisor which will be sorted as a ‘default’. The advanced certification first shows up in the QuickBooks ProAdvisor list. You can choose the filter such as the number of certifications, distance, reviews, and other factors to sort out the list.
Step 3: Extend Your Search
You can also find a ProAdvisor on various platforms such as LinkedIn groups, reliable accounting blogs, and Facebook groups. You can search for accounting issues that are caused in your business and look for an article in searches. If the person who authored it is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, there is a good chance they will be able to assist you.
Ask for advice from a lawyer, business advisor, or a banker to a good recommendation from an accountant. You can check the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) website if you need a certified public accountant (CPA). Make sure whoever you find is a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Step 4: Perform your research
After finding ProAdvisors, do thorough background research. Check their profiles and reviews, and see what they say about their practice themselves. Go to their website and check their specialty and search them in google to look for their written article.
Step 5: Ask Questions
Ask questions after filtering out your ProAdvisor searches. Cross question them about their past experiences, with whom they have worked, how they work, what are the apps used by them. Ask these seven questions relevant for your business purpose:
- Have you worked with a lot of small businesses?
- What kind of experience do you have in my field?
- What exactly do you offer?
- How can you assist me in expanding my company?
- Can she/he run any one of the tools like QuickBooks tool hub, server manager tool, QuickBooks file doctor?
- How will I communicate with the people I’ll be working with?
- What method will you use to bill for your services?
Their answers to these six questions should give you a fair indication of the level of service they can provide and whether or not they are a suitable fit for your company’s personality.
So, keeping in mind and following the above steps will help you in finding the right ProAdvisor for your business. The most costly advisor isn’t usually the greatest pick in terms of cost. However, the higher your accountant’s fee, the more services they are likely to provide. If you need more help, you can directly talk to QuickBooks experts for instant solutions.