Individuals noticing symptoms such as blurry vision, redness, and irritation in the eyes should consult the eye specialist in Islamabad. The symptoms correlate with conjunctivitis that requires medical attention. People who ignore their symptoms can lose their vision. Hence, it is vital to take physical health seriously and seek immediate professional help for diagnosis and treatment.
The inflammation in the eye caused by bacterial or viral infection makes the eye appear red or pink. The patient can feel itching due to the swelling. Additionally, the person may experience the itching sensation for days, caused by direct contact with bacteria. The patient might require immediate medical attention in severe cases.
Indications of Pink Eye
The common signs and symptoms of pink eye include:
- The patient may feel the presence of a foreign object in the eye, causing discomfort.
- The white part of the eye appears red.
- The patient constantly feels itchiness in the eyes.
- The patient can notice a yellow or green discharge from the eye.
- The watering of the eyes becomes severe at night.
- The eye swells, and the person feels irritation in the eyes, causing extreme discomfort and pain.
- The vision becomes blurry.
- The patient might experience light sensitivity.
- Bacteria and Viruses: Staphylococcus aureus and streptococcus pneumonia are the main bacteria that cause inflammation in the eyes. Also, adenoviruses can cause a person to suffer from conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye.
- Allergic Reaction: Dust and pollen can cause a person to suffer from pink eye.
- Environmental Factors: Chlorine in swimming pools can cause a person to suffer from conjunctivitis. Besides, smog and smoke can provoke itchiness and inflammation.
- People using contact lens without cleaning and changing are at a higher risk of suffering from conjunctivitis.
- People using public swimming pools are at a higher risk of suffering from conjunctivitis, as it is contagious.
The preventive measures include:
- No sharing of pillows and makeup with others.
- Change contact lens after every six months.
Complications Associated with Pink Eye
The person is more likely to suffer from corneal irritation and blepharitis. In severe cases without treatment, the patient may lose vision permanently.
The tests that are helpful for diagnosing conjunctivitis include:
- Slit Lamp Examination: The test helps evaluate the severity of the condition. It helps detect the presence of any foreign object causing swelling and pain.
- Patch Testing: If the conjunctivitis is due to allergy, then patch tests help determine the allergens causing the inflammation.
- Bacteria Culture Test: The culture test is conducted in extreme cases to determine; if it is contagious.
- Physical Examination: With the use of bright lights, the doctor can evaluate the condition of external structures of the eye.
Effective Treatment Options
- Use of Artificial Tear Drops: The use of artificial tear drops helps reduce dryness and irritation.
- Self-care: The patient should use a clean cotton cloth to clean eyes and avoid using the old contact lens.
People exhibiting correlating symptoms should visit the best eye specialist in Lahore for diagnosis. The specialist will guide the patient regarding complications, preventive measures, and the cause of the infection. Additionally, the treatment will allow the patient to recover quickly.