Top Universities in Australia – Scholarships For Students
Are you captivated by the idea of enjoying Australian bonfires, barbecues, and studying at the very prestigious top universities in Australia? If yes, then now is your chance! This article updates international students with a varied selection of Australian scholarships offered at the Top Universities in Australia. Home to more than 400 world-class universities and top-ranking state-of-the-art colleges. Australia offers a wide range of full or partial scholarships to international students each year to help them fund their higher studies at the Top Universities in Australia.
These scholarships are offered on merit basis to a great number of international students. Which can be partially or fully funded depending on the student’s merit, course choice, and the institution they are choosing to study in.
Scholarships for International Students at the Renowned Top Universities in Australia
- Australian Catholic University International Student Scholarships
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) – Tuition fee scholarships for master’s or PhD students enrolled at the University of Adelaide.
- Curtin University International Research Scholarships – International scholarships for students undertaking master’s or PhD programs at Curtin University in Perth.
- Meng Fei Innovative Future Leader Scholarships – three AU$10,000 scholarships for international undergraduate and master’s-by-coursework students
- Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) – Awarded to master’s and PhD research students on merit basis
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) – Scholarships open to high-achieving international students enrolled in any taught undergraduate or postgraduate program and lasts for a maximum of two semesters.
- Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships – Partial tuition fee scholarships available to “outstanding” international students to study in Australia.
- Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) – Scholarships for high-achieving domestic. And international students to undertake a master’s research program at the University of Melbourne.
- Monash University International Scholarships for Excellence – Merit-based scholarships for international undergraduate and graduate students to study at Monash University.
- Rotary Peace Fellowships – Awarded to master’s students studying at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers like University of Queensland, Australia
- University of Sydney International Scholarships
- Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS)
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ) Greater China International Student Bursary – 5 financial awards of up to AU$5,000 available for undergraduate or postgraduate students originating from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.
- Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) – Awarded to international students undertaking research masters or PhD programs at the University of Sydney.
- University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships – Master’s or PhD research scholarship that covers tuition fee, a fortnightly funding for living expenditures, and student’s health insurance.
Some More Scholarships Australia Offered
- UTS International Undergraduate Full Tuition Scholarship – Bachelor’s tuition fee scholarship that lasts for the number of university sessions required for completion of the recipient’s enrolled undergraduate course on the basis of full-time study load. There’s also an equivalent postgraduate scholarship.
- Victoria University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
- Macquarie University International Scholarships – The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship providing a partial tuition fee funding to exceptionally performing students enrolled for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Macquarie University. The award is of up to AUD$10,000.
- Griffith Remarkable Scholarships – For outstanding students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework studies covering half the tuition fees for the duration of the program.
- University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships – Awarded to both domestic and foreign research students including tuition fee, living expenses, relocation, and student health cover.
- Adelaide Global Excellence Scholarships for International Students – A highly reputed award given to foreign undergrad and postgrad coursework students covering 50% of the tuition fees.
- Charles Darwin University (CDU) Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships – 25-50% tuition fee waivers given to international students with academic excellence and merit willing to enroll at an Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework degree at CDU.
Applying for a Scholarship at One of the Top Universities in Australia
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship in Australia, the most important merit criterion is a good academic score. Although there are other deciding factors as well such as your chosen Australian Institute. Subject field, and level of study, still the most vital factor is the student’s academic capability. In other partial financial awards offered at the Top Universities in Australia. Some other aspects like student’s extracurricular performance. And volunteer efforts can also be used to evaluate their standing and how much they deserve to receive the grant.
All scholarships, however, have set their own eligibility criteria. In some universities, an application would be enough. While for other highly top universities in Australia. There may be several other conditions to be met and fulfilled. Similarly, the amount of scholarship varies for all institutions. Certain research programs also fund your entire tuition fee alongside covering your living expenditures to a certain percentage too. When applying for a scholarship at the top universities in Australia.
A few common documents that most institutions do require from applicants, include:
- A duly completed scholarship application form
- A few photocopies of your academic transcripts/diplomas
- A copy of your national ID or passport
- A well-written Statement of Purpose (SOP) or Letter of Motivation
- A recommendation letter
- Entry test scores (like SAT, ACT, GRE, GPA)
- Language proficiency scores like an IELTS test.
- Proof of medical fitness