These PTE Dos & Don’ts Can Help Grab a Higher PTE Score
“To score high in the PTE exam, you must not only know what you have to do for it but also what you shouldn’t do” – Said a PTE Expert.
What you should certainly focus on knowing before you start your preparation is your targeted PTE score. And the next thing you need to know is the test format.
Remember, it’s more than just a 2-hour exam that asks you to answer 20 tasks. You need to know all the tasks in detail with the skills each task assesses.
And once you know the test format you will, like many other test-takers jumps into finding a random material and start preparing with it.
Well, this is what you should not do.
You should instead test your skills and get a detailed understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. And once you know that you will get a clear picture of ‘how you should prepare for the PTE’. (The famous TPT method suggested by the expert tutors at PTE Tutorials).
Then as the experts speak you must adopt a result-oriented and proven study plan (a combination of equal preparation for all four sections and the PTE tips that you should follow for each task) for your preparation. Or to the max, you will join the unavoidable PTE Online Coaching.
Doesn’t all of this make the PTE Exam look so simple? What you will miss in all of this is understanding the Dos and Don’ts of PTE.
PTE Do’s & Don’ts You Must Know to Clear The PTE Exam:
- While speaking you can speak in phrases with the right usage of intonation.
- You should make proper use of punctuation (full stops, capital letters, commas, etc.).
- You must focus on oral fluency.
- While attempting the answer you must focus on maintaining the content accuracy.
- Take notes as you hear. And make sure to write down the keywords and the connecting words.
- You should skim and scan the questions to understand the context of the question.
- Addressing the keywords in the essay writing task proves beneficial.
- Make the right usage of the Grammar parts of speech.
- Before jumping on to answering the questions, understand the topic.
- Follow oral sequencing of words in the Write from dictation task for a better score.
- You must learn the art of word & sentence stress to score better, especially in the speaking & reading section.
- Do not repeat the words. You might look repetitive.
- Do not try to insert/ modify the information in the tasks like re-tell lectures and repeat sentences.
- Do not read word by word while answering the question.
- Do not hesitate or pause for more than three seconds.
- You shouldn’t mumble. Be loud and clear.
- You might make a mistake while speaking the answer, but you should not stop there. Keep speaking.
- Do not jump to the next question unless you review your answers. For example, while attempting the essay writing question you might make a few typo errors, reviewing will help you avoid them.
- For Multiple Choice Questions, choose to answer only when you are sure it’s correct. Else leave the question unanswered. (Questions that carry negative marking).
- For the questions that do not carry negative marking, answer all the questions. For example, Reading fill in the blanks.
- Do not make the mistake of not keeping the track of the time. Do not spend more time on the task if it doesn’t heavily contribute to your overall PTE score.
- Do not ignore collocation words. They help you get the context of the question.
But do you think knowing all these alone can help you get a good PTE Score? Of course not.
Here are some smart PTE Tips that you must follow:
- To improve your oral fluency and pronunciation record yourselves and then analyse it.
- Start reading a newspaper article and summarise them in a sentence.
- Know about all the 44 phonic sounds that help you with word & sentence stress.
- Know everything in detail about the PTE integrated tasks that contribute to the score of more than one communicative skill.
- Listen to the Podcasts and practice writing as you hear. You might need note-taking skills for around 13 tasks.
- Improve your skimming and scanning skills by reading an article on the internet.
- Every time you practice, check your mic and the headphones.
- Take PTE Scored tests timely.
- Make notes of the errors you make each time and keep striking them as you stop making them.
- Make a list of the topic-wise words that you learn for the Exam.
- Make sure to use the newly learnt words by writing at least 5 sentences.
Conclusion: Make the most of the discussion above
Even though you take the scored tests, you might not be able to identify your minute shortcomings, for this, you must take the experts’ guidance. And most of the test-takers who grabbed their desired PTE Score through PTE Tutorials know to what extent the experts’ guidance is helpful.
It’s time for you to experience it now.