QuickBooks error 6000 301 belongs to the category of 6XXX series errors, which mostly happen when a user seeks to connect to the company files on a multi-user network in QuickBooks Desktop. An error message abruptly pops up on the computer display dictating, “An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again” Usually, such kinds of company file errors get triggered when the QuickBooks Desktop application has been outdated. However, there can be other reasons behind QuickBooks error code 6000 301 that we will discuss with you through this post, alongside all the possible troubleshooting methods.
Seeking instant troubleshooting help to get QuickBooks error 6000 301 fixed? If yes, please contact our QuickBooks experts at (855)-856-0042.
What can be the factors behind QuickBooks error code 6000 301?
Apart from the outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop application, the below-mentioned reasons are the ones due to which users face QuickBooks error code 6000 301:
- Issues with the QuickBooks company file, like corruption or damage.
What are the best troubleshooting methods to rectify QuickBooks error 6000 301?
Method 1) Manually check for the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the Windows Start logo.
- Into the search bar, type “QuickBooks Desktop” and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop logo.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- While on the No Company Open window, navigate to the Help menu.
- Pick the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Move to the Options tab and then click on the Mark All button.
- Hit the Save button.
- Reach the Update Now tab and then fill the checkbox for Reset Update.
- Hit the Get Updates button.
- Once the downloading of QuickBooks updates is finished, exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again and select the Yes option on the QuickBooks update installer window.
- After updating QuickBooks Desktop to its recent release, relaunch your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to access your company file on the multi-user network.
Method 2) Run QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the up-to-date version (22.214.171.124).
- Open the downloaded file titled QuickBooksToolHub.exe and do as per the instructions explained on the computer display.
- Accept the terms and conditions to conclude installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and pick the Company File Issues tab (located at the left sidebar).
- Select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- Inside QuickBooks File Doctor, click on the drop-down menu and select your company file.
Note: If the drop-down menu doesn’t have your company file, click on the Browse and search button to find it.
- Pick the Check your file option (only the middle option) and then click on the Continue button.
- When prompted, type in the admin passcode of QuickBooks and then click on the Next button.
- When the fixing of the QuickBooks company file by the tool is done, open QuickBooks.
- Try to connect to your company file on the multi-user network.
In case you receive QuickBooks error 6000 301 even after going through the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, then the configuration files necessary for QuickBooks to open the company files might have been corrupted or damaged. Hence, our suggestion for you is to rename the QuickBooks configuration files, like Network Data and Transaction Log. For additional troubleshooting help to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6000 301, feel free to contact our QuickBooks experts at (855)-856-0042.