How to Install and Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Efficiently
Many people use the popular QuickBooks accounting software to carry out their accounting and bookkeeping tasks. However, many of them also face various installation issues. To help users get rid of common problems, Intuit, the company behind QuickBooks, came up with the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. The tool boasts of various unique functionalities that aid users to fix issues while updating QuickBooks. You can regard the QB Install Diagnostic tool as a one-stop solution for several types of installation problems. Through it, you can fix issues within the Microsoft core elements like .Net Framework, MSXML, and C++. In this article, you’ll find how to download, install, and use it.
The Process to Download and Install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
It is easy to download and start using the QuickBooks diagnostic tool. Adhere to the steps below to correctly download and install the tool.
- Navigate to Intuit’s website for downloading the diagnostic tool.
- When the prompt appears, save the file of the QB install tool to your desktop.
- Exit all programs open on your system.
- Navigate to the download location and search for the ‘QBinstall_tool_v2.exe‘ file of the diagnostic tool.
- After you find it, double-tap the start installation wizard.
- Tap ‘Yes‘ when you see a license agreement appearing.
- Tap the ‘Proceed‘ button to begin with the scan process. When the scan finishes, start your system again.
- Launch the tool. You may require to register your QuickBooks ID again or activate it another time.
- Ensure to keep your Windows system updated.
- Start your system again for saving all the necessary changes.
Effective Steps to Operate the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You can fix many issues with this tool. Apart from installation issues, you can also fix data files and network problems. Here are the steps to use the diagnostic tool.
- Connection tab – The connection tab allows you to assess the compatibility of QuickBooks. It has a functionality that you can use for configuring a new QB company data file.
- Firewall tab – The firewall causes many interruptions within the system when it has bugs and glitches. The install diagnostic tool fixes problems inside the firewall.
- Inspect the network connectivity – The network connectivity tab helps to find and diagnose network connectivity problems. If you don’t fix these issues, you can encounter various hindrances.
Read More:- QuickBooks Desktop Improved Version
Resolve Installation Problems with QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks diagnostic tool can fix various installation errors. Keep reading to find how you can fix installation problems with it.
Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub helps in fixing installation errors. To download it, follow these points.
- Exit your QuickBooks Desktop, and from the Intuit website, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Save the file you download on your system.
- When it’s downloaded, open it.
- Adhere to the instructions on your screen for installing the Tool Hub.
- Click on the ‘Next‘ button for agreeing to the terms & conditions of it.
- After the installation of the Tool Hub ends, open it by tapping twice on its icon.
Run QuickBooks install tool via QuickBooks Tool Hub.
To run the QB install diagnostic tool via QB Tool Hub, you need to click open the Tool Hub. Now, follow these instructions.
- Opt for ‘Installation Issues‘ from the list in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose the option of ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.’
- When you tap on the QB install tool, it will begin automatically.
- Let the tool run and when the process ends, reboot your system.
Update your Windows.
It’s important to update your Windows to its latest version. After that, restart your system. If QB begins with an error, open the company file and start working.
Run the tool in selective startup mode
You can also run this tool in a selective startup mode. Follow these steps for it.
- Start the device in a selective startup mode.
- After that, open the Run command. Type ‘MSConfig‘ in the box and hit ‘OK.’
- A system configuration window will appear. Choose the ‘Final ‘tab and then ‘Hide all Microsoft services.’
- Click the ‘Disable all‘ button.
- Next, uncheck ‘Hide Microsoft services.’
- Opt for the Windows installer box. Check it and then tap ‘OK.’
- Restart your device. Your device will get restored to its original configuration.
When you carry out the steps explained above properly, you’ll be able to download and use the QB install diagnostic tool. If you still have any doubts regarding the tool or encounter any problems while implementing the steps above, dial the QuickBooks customer service number. Your query will be handled by expert QuickBooks technicians who will give you effective resolutions.