Most of the Nighthawk router users struggle with WiFi connectivity issues with their Netgear device. A few of them also reports that their WiFi-enabled devices refuses to connect to their router’s WiFi network. However, the router works well with only a few devices. On the off chance if you are also struggling with the same issue, go through the troubleshooting tips provided in this article and fix WiFi connectivity issues with your Nighthawk router right away. Keep reading!
What Causes WiFi Connectivity Issues?
Before getting started with the fixes to resolve the issue, let us first make you familiar with the reasons causing it. Have a look at the reasons causing the issue:
- Incomplete Netgear Nighthawk Setup
- Loose wired connections
- Insufficient power supply to your router
- Your Nighthawk device is connected to unknown network
- The Netgear router is running on an outdated firmware version
- Your router is placed away from the reach of modem
- Bad placement of your Netgear Nighthawk router
Fixed: WiFi Connectivity Issues
Go through the fixes highlighted below and know how to get rid of Netgear Nighthawk router WiFi connectivity issues:
Relocate Your Nighthawk Router
Chances are that the Netgear Nighthawk router’s WiFi signals are getting interrupted by certain devices in your home. As a result, you are experiencing Netgear Nighthawk router WiFi connectivity issues.
So, as soon as you are done with completing Netgear Nighthawk router login and the setup process, relocate the router in accordance to the below-mentioned points:
- It is always better to place your Netgear Nighthawk router away from concrete walls, corners, doors, windows, and public WiFi.
- To make the most out of your router’s WiFi, it is suggested to place the router openly – neither inside cabinet nor under a table.
- For your Nighthawk router, the higher and center-most location in your home would be the best place.
- If you hide your Nighthawk router at back of any device or curtains, then you may face connectivity issues.
- If you want to get uninterrupted WiFi signals on your connected devices, place the router away from Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, and other WiFi devices in your home.
Check the Connected Cables
Another way to fix Netgear Nighthawk device WiFi connectivity issues is to check the check the cable that you have used to connect your router, modem, and other devices in your home. Make sure the cable doesn’t consist of damages and cuts. You can replace the cable if you found any sort of damage or dust on it.
Connect to Correct Network
Chances are that your neighbors are also are also using the same router model as of yours and due to which their WiFi name (SSID) would be same. If this is the reason, then chances are that your WiFi devices are connected to their network instead of yours.
Well, this may lead you to WiFi connectivity issues. So, to fix the issue, change the default WiFi network name (SSID) of your Netgear Nighthawk router and make sure to connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your router’s WiFi only.
Once you’re done, login to Nighthawk router by connecting to your router’s WiFi and see if you are still getting WiFi connectivity issues.
Check the Power
Just in case, if your Netgear Nighthawk router is receiving insufficient power supply, then also you may get WiFi connectivity issues. Therefore, to fix it, ensure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is getting a steady power supply from its wall socket.
Apart from this, of the power LED on your Netgear Nighthawk router is green and stable, it means that your device is working fine. Else, you need to restart it once.
In a Nutshell
Thus, by following the fixes listed on this post, you will be able to troubleshoot WiFi connectivity issues with your Netgear Nighthawk router. However, if you still have something to ask, feel free to let us know via comments.